Having an SMSF with Selfmade costs only $82.50/month for us to look after all aspects of managing your account and doing your tax.
If you are setting up a new SMSF with us, there is a once off set up fee of $950.
If you have an existing SMSF that you transfer to Selfmade, there is no cost to transfer the fund to us, after we have done an initial assessment of the investments.
Of course, there will also be some fees outside Selfmade, such as government fees, fees when investing and an external SMSF audit.
It’s important to remember that all these costs, initial and ongoing, are typically paid for by your SMSF out of your super fund balance.
If you compare Selfmade's costs of $82.50/month ($990 per year) with your other options… they look pretty good. The ATO estimates that the average SMSF costs $2,250 per year to maintain – and that’s not including initial advice and setup costs.
Separate from Selfmade's fees, other parties charge fees shown in this table:
|Fee name||How much||How often||What it is|
|ASIC Company Establishment Fee (Corporate trustees only)||$518||Once off||
This applies only when setting up a corporate trustee (not for individuals).
A corporate trustee is where a company is formed to act as trustee while individual trustees are usually the fund members.
Find out more about the difference between an individual and a corporate trustee setup.
|ATO Supervisory Levy||$259||Annually||
This ATO levy applies no matter which provider you choose to administer your SMSF.
|ASIC Review Fee (Corporate trustees only)||$56||Annually||
If you have chosen to set up your SMSF using a company as trustee, there is an annual review fee charged by ASIC to keep your entity registered.
An SMSF allows you to invest in a range of different things and it’s important to understand that these investments may incur different fees.
Find details of these investment fees in relevant product disclosure statements, terms and conditions, or by contacting the product provider directly.
How Selfmade does it
The cost of having a Selfmade super account is only $82.50/month (plus a once-off $950 initial setup fee, which is only for new SMSFs).
For new SMSFs, your $950 setup fee includes:
- SMSF Trust Deed, including all documentation to appoint trustees
- For Corporate Trustees, the service of establishing of a special purpose company to act as trustee (you will still be charged the government fee for a company)
- Lodgement of an election for your SMSF to become a regulated SMSF with the ATO
- ATO application to obtain a Tax File Number and Australian Business Number for your SMSF
- Template Investment Strategy that you can adopt for your SMSF or modify as required
- All resolutions and minutes required for the establishment of your SMSF
- Establishment of your SMSF’s transactional cash management and online trading accounts with Macquarie.
For existing SMSFs transferring to Selfmade, we don't charge anything to appraise the SMSF and determine whether it can be transferred to our platform. This offer applies for a limited time only.
Once you’re set up, our simple monthly fee model gives you access to:
- Daily reconciliation of your fund’s balances and transactions
- Up to date information on all your investments and transaction history
- 24/7, 365 day a year access to your fund information and all your SMSF documentation
- All the tools and reminders you need to keep your fund up to date, including attending to annual compliance obligations for your SMSF, like tax returns and annual fund audits
Ready to take control of your super with full financial visibility? Get started today!